One of our top complaints from patients is “my hormones are off, fix my hormones, my doctor wants to put me on replacement hormones, etc.” Your hormones are never the root cause of why there is dysfunction.
One of our top complaints from patients is “my hormones are off, fix my hormones, my doctor wants to put me on replacement hormones, etc.” Your hormones are never the root cause of why there is dysfunction. Hormones are the chemical messenger that the body uses to manage numerous functions in the body using organs, tissues, and glands. God doesn’t mess up so why are so many people having issues with their hormones?
Factors such as mold, heavy metals, parasites, environmental toxins, birth control pills, our personal care products, fragrances (candles, perfume, air freshener), poor diet (inflammatory oils/foods, or high sugar), drinking from plastic water bottles, etc. all come together to cause hormone dysfunction. Sperm count in men has dropped by 60% since 1973 and it is only going to get worse if we do not do something about it. Rates in infertility keep going up as well. When we went to the American Academy of Anti-Aging conference in December, a speaker there believed that in the next 10 years the most abused drug will be testosterone.
Things You Can Do Now to Help Balance Your Hormones
- Manage your stress levels better. Your body can’t tell the difference between running from a lion or being so stressed out that you’re yelling at your family for the house being a wreck. The problem is that stress can stop your body from working at it’s best and even cause damage which can cause leaky gut, inability to lose weight, constipation, binge eating, etc. All of the things become a viscous cycle.
- Make sure you are having a bowel movement at least once a day. We detox estrogen and toxins out of our body through our poop so if you’re pooping then you are just reabsorbing those toxins back into your body.
- Avoiding toxins as much as possible. You can get extra estrogen into your body which cause a unwanted estrogen dominance or even lead to cancer. Make sure your personal care products, cooking ware, household cleaners, etc. can be adding in the extra estrogen. Even thermal paper used for receipts at stores has BPA in it which is a chemical that has been known to be a carcinogen.
- Stop intermittent fasting if you are a woman who has periods! This is going to eventually mess up your hormones. It is stressing out your body and it puts it in survival mode. Most studies for intermittent fasting have been done on men until recently. If you are postmenopausal or a male, then usually you will do fine with it but speak with your healthcare provider before.
- Ask yourself if you are eating enough every day. You need good fats, proteins, and carbs in your diet. Again, it is stressing your body and you will not lose weight. It will hold on to every ounce until you feed it enough micro dense nutrient food.
We always recommend working with a health care provider that doesn’t just look at one number but looks at you as a whole person when it comes to your hormones. Some people just want a quick fix but working through detoxing can really get to the root cause of why your hormones are off.